As many of our clients have experienced firsthand, protecting your interests is imperative during divorce proceedings in California. The attorney that you choose to represent you will play a large role in shaping the outcome of your case, and the decision of who to retain as your legal representation should not be taken lightly.
To help with this conundrum, we’ve drafted up a set of essential tips that everyone should know as they explore their options. When you’re ready to speak with a professional, remember that we at the Law Office of James P. White offer free initial consultations, where you can learn more about what we do.
Tips To Keep in Mind when Shopping for a Divorce Attorney in CA
Choosing a lawyer for your upcoming can be tricky! To make things easier, remember the following pointers:
- Ask your prospective attorney about his/her familiarity with the local courts and officials, as well as overall experience with relevant areas of the law.
- Talk to multiple attorneys! This will help you get a pulse on their individual experience and professionalism. Not only that, but going with the very first person you talk to could lead you to missed red flags!
- Ask for a rundown of your legal options and potential outcomes, and compare your notes with information provided by other attorneys.
- Be wary of promises and guaranteed results, as family law proceedings are unpredictable and complex affairs.
- Make your choice based on things such as experience, accessibility, responsiveness, and the ability to give your case the time it deserves.
We at the Law Office of James P. White take pride in our work, and believe that we stand up to scrutiny when it comes to these parameters. To find out for yourself, and to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our seasoned family law attorneys, be sure to call us at your earliest convenience!